A GUIDE TO: HAIR TRANSPLANT SURGERY

     Hello and welcome to my first Action Project (AP) for my STEAM course, "Cure." This course is the second part to last term's "Disease." Our class focused on ethics in medicine, biology of cells and cellular reproduction, as well as how the body is impacted by different surgeries. To gain a more in depth understanding, we also visited the International Museum of Surgical Science, where we got to see an amputation demo and learn about historical surgeries across the world. For this AP, my classmates and I put together pamphlets about our chosen surgeries. I chose hair transplantation because it is more of a cosmetic surgery and can help patients be more confident about their hair. Personally, I have always had thin hair and I thought this was an interesting alternative to extensions. If you are interested in hair transplants or are thinking about getting one, please refer to my pamphlet below!


    After learning more about hair transplants, I have a lot of empathy for people who get this surgery. Getting procedures like transplants and plastic surgery can be looked down upon because it's not "natural" or embracing who you are. While many surgeries are done because of insecurity, I think the most important thing in regards to body modifications is your happiness! Nowadays, we have access to so many kinds of surgeries and procedures for self expression. If a patient wants to change their appearance for themselves, I think that's a beautiful thing. 

Comments

Popular Posts